Quotes For When You’re Feeling Down
10 Inspirational Quotes
To Bring Your Motivation Back to Life
Today’s post was inspired by a bit of writer’s block that I was experiencing on my part. I have a slew of ideas that I wanted to explore and I have them listed in a little notebook I keep, but nothing really struck me today as something I wanted to write about.
Creative burn-out happens to everyone – And for me, if I don’t feel like engaging with that side of me – But am forced to do it, it fills me with dread and hate for a passion I definitely should not be feeling those emotions about.
Whenever I’m feeling this way, I always read a list of poems and quotes I have compiled over the years in a journal that I keep. Today, I hope to share some of these quotes with you so that if you’re not feeling 100% today, I hope these words can make you feel a little bit better.
If a quote has originated from a book that i’m aware of, I have also included a link to that book after the source’s name – Just in case you are interested in their writing.
List of Top 10 Inspiring Quotes
1. “If I am worth anything later, I am worth something now.” – Vincent Van Gogh
2. “The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.” – Alan Wilson Watts
3. “One must give value to their existence by behaving as if one’s very existence were a work of art.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
4. “Our real journey in life is interior: It is a matter of growth, deepening, and of an ever greater surrender to the creative action of love and grace in our hearts.” – Thomas Merton from The Asian Journal of Thomas Merton
5. “Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.” – Thomas A. Edison
6. “Write relentlessly, until you find your voice. Then, use it.” – David Sedaris
7. “Understanding means throwing away your knowledge.” – Thich Nhat Hanh from Being Peace
8. “The worth of a human being lies in the ability to extend oneself, to go outside oneself, to exist in and for other people.” – Milan Kundera from Laughable Loves
9. “You can keep as quiet as you like, but one of these days somebody is going to find you.” – Haruki Murakami from 1Q84
10. “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” – Jodi Picoult
And as always, thank you for taking your time to read this blog post.
If you enjoyed any of these quotes, please like or share this blog post with others. Also, feel free to follow me on social media to stay up to date on future blog posts. And comment down below!: What was your favorite quote?
Until next time, stay inspired!