I love listening to music so I decided to create a list of Japanese songs I love listening to.
There is a variety of songs here, from some 80’s, 90’s, to early 2000’s and onwards.
All of these songs were picked through my personal taste in music, but there are many famous, popular Japanese songs included on this list.
I was going to divide the songs between happy and sad love songs but like all things in life, music isn’t black and white so I just ended up putting everything together.
All links lead to Youtube, specifically the artist’s official channel or the Topic channel.
Otherwise, if there is no link please search up the song because someone else will probably have uploaded it.
I don’t know how long these links will work because Japanese songs tend to get taken down a lot on Youtube but if the link doesn’t work, try searching for it on Youtube and somebody else will probably have uploaded it.
Also I’m pretty sure most of these songs are love songs but note that I’m not fluent in Japanese (Although I understand quite a bit). Hopefully I interpreted them alright ^^
Note: Some of the songs on this list are covers so the artist named on this list may not be the original artist.
Now let’s get to the music. I hope you enjoy 🙂
Japanese Love Songs
1. Love Story Wa Totsuzenni – Oda Kazumasa
2. Kirari – Ikimonogakari
3. I Love You – Ozaki Yutaka
4. Ai wo Kudasai – ONE☆DRAFT
5. Kiss Kiss Kiss – BENI
6. I Love… – Official Hige Dandism
7. Let Go – m-flo and Yoshika
8. Kimi No Kirei Ni Kizuite Okure – Sambomaster
9. Robinson – Spitz
10. Rain – Hata Motohiro
11. Boku no Soba ni – Tokunaga Hideaki (I recommend watching his live performances)
12. Love So Sweet – ARASHI
13. Sakura – Ketsumeishi
14. Why Did I Fall in Love With You – Tohoshinki (DBSK)
15. Trust You – Ito Yuna
16. Plastic Love – Takeuchi Mariya
17. Love Space – Yamashita Tatsuro
18. Nukumori – HOME MADE KAZOKU
19. Ryuusei – Kobukuro
20. Everything – MISIA
21. Aishiteru – Kourin
22. Renai Circulation – Hanazawa Kana
23. Summer Time – NEWS
24. Distance – Nishino Kana
25. Itoshisugite – KG and Tiara
26. Milk and Coffee – Itou Kashitaro
27. Eine Kleine – Yonezu Kenshi
28. Mayonaka no Door (Stay With Me) – Matsubara Miki
29. Sakuranbo – Otsuka Ai
30. Futari Shizuka – Hanazawa Kana and Hino Satoshi
31. Trust Me – Matsushita Yuya
32. Moratorium – Omoinotake
33. My Dearest – Supercell
34. Imademo Zutto – Spontania and Ito Yuna
35. Mou Koi Nante Shinai – Makihara Noriyuki
36. La La La Love Song – Kubota Toshinobu
37. Lovers Again – EXILE
38. Mahou no Kotoba – Spitz
39. Ai Uta – Kobasolo and Lefty Hand Cream
40. Love Letter – BoA
41. Kimi ni Todoke – Tanizawa Tomofumi
42. Sen no Yoru wo Koete – AquaTimez
43. Koisuru Fortune Cookie – AKB48
44. Yakusoku no Hi – Dohzi-T and Aoyama Thelma
45. First Love – Utada Hikaru
46. YOU – KAT-TUN (It’s very hard to find this song these days)
47. Hitomi wo Tojite – Hirai Ken
48. Toki no Nagare ni Mi wo Makase – Teresa Teng
49. Dear… – Nishino Kana
50. Blue – Fujifabric
51. One More Time, One More Chance – Yamazaki Masayoshi (Just a heads-up: 51-55 are songs that make me cry, they may or may not make you cry too)
52. Yuki no Hana – Nakashima Mika
53. Ikanaide – Tamaki Koji
54. Kokoronashi – Sou
55. Aitai – Tokunaga Hideaki (I like his live performance of this song)
56. Train – ONE☆DRAFT
57. Sakura Kiss – Kawabe Chieko
58. Your Love – Miura Daichi and KREVA
59. Hanamizuki – Tokunaga Hideaki
60. Genesis of Aquarion – Akino and Bless4
61. Gomen ne Juliet – Yamashita Tomohisa
62. Missing – Toshinobu Kubota
63. One Love – Dohzi-T and Shimizu Shota
64. Soba ni Iru ne – Aoyama Thelma and SoulJa
65. Kaze – Kobukuro
66. Stay With Me – Matsubara Miki
67. Saigo no Iiwake – Tokunaga Hideaki
69. Aitakatta – AKB48
70. Anata ni Aitakutte – Matsuda Seiko (I also like John Hoon’s cover of this song)
71. Kimi Ga Irudake De – Kome Kome Club
72. Get Chu! – AAA
73. Kimi Ga Suki – Shimizu Shota
74. Rainy Blue – Tokunaga Hideaki
75. All Alone With You – Egoist
76. Ashita ga Kuru Nara – JUJU and JAY’ED
77. Anata ni Aitakute – AZU and SPONTANIA
78. Merry-Go-Round – Yamashita Tatsuro
79. Jikan Yo Tomare – AZU and SEAMO
80. YOU – Kobukuro
Thank you so much for visiting this blog post!
I’m going to the end the list here for now. I will probably add more songs in the future as I remember more songs and discover new ones.
I hope this list of songs was helpful for you if you were searching for Japanese songs or just wanted something nice to listen to.
Music feeds the soul and in my opinion, love songs are the best type to feed your heart with.
What Japanese love songs do you enjoy? Feel free to comment below your favorite Japanese love song, whether they are on the list or not.
I hope you have a wonderful day or night and until next time!