100 Words of Affirmation
One of the ways I am always trying to better myself as a human being is by learning to love others better each and every day. I still have a long ways to go in my day-to-day interactions with people, with both strangers and close friendships. That is why I decided to write this blog post – For myself as well as for others who are looking to better their relationships with others.
So here are 100 words of affirmation for the people in your life. I hope that by having this list we can always look back to, we can gradually start incorporating more of this type of love language into our daily lives.
Because even if that person’s main love language isn’t words of affirmation, it isn’t one that we can simply let go of. Sometimes, even through quality time, acts of service, physical touch, or the gifts we give – There are simply words that need to be said.
And I would also like to extend this statement in the opposite direction: Some people are just not comfortable nor adept at expressing their care, affection, or love through spoken words.
Learn to identify this – and know that this does not mean that they are incapable of showing love at all. Perhaps the only sorts of affection that can say is through wit or sarcasm or jokes (with a tinge of affection hiding in the backdrop) or they may make it up to you not in words but through all the others ways they could possibly show love.
100 Words of Affirmation
1. I appreciate you for helping me (develop in this way).
2. You are the most positive person I have ever met.
3. Thank you for being such an amazing listener.
4. You help ease my stress.
5. I care about how you feel.
6. You are such a hard-worker.
7. I missed you.
8. You are the best.
9. I love your (clothing item, style, haircut, makeup, etc)
10. You are so attentive to (details, others, etc).
11. I couldn’t have done this without you.
12. I love the way you make me feel.
13. No one makes me laugh as much as you do.
14. You are such an amazing (friend, parent, child, etc)
15. I trust you.
16. I can always count on you – And I am grateful for that.
17. What would I have been without you?
18. This (character trait about them) is like a breath of fresh air.
19. You make me want to be a better person.
20. I admire how (positive, intelligent, other characteristic) you are.
21. You are such a supportive person.
22. You are such an inclusive person.
23. I am so proud of you.
24. I notice how (subtle character trait) you are – even if you don’t show it often.
25. I am blessed to have met you.
26. You and I are able to get along so well!
27. You are such a beautiful person.
28. Thank you for always being there for me.
29. How can you be so patient with me.
30. You have grown so much.
31. Thank you for always having my back.
32. You bring out the best parts of me.
33. You make me see the world in such a different way.
34. I want and will care for you always.
35. I want to be a better person because of you.
36. I learn something new from you every day.
37. I need you.
38. I love how safe you make me feel.
39. I would never have thought of something like that.
40. I want to spend my entire life with you.
41. You know how much you mean to me, right?
42. I feel so happy when I am with you.
43. I love your smile.
44. You always have a way of making me laugh when I need it.
45. Thank you for always being steadfast and honest with me.
46. I can always be myself when I am with you.
47. I love how intelligent you are.
48. I am so lucky to know you.
49. Thank you for opening up to me.
50. There is never a boring day when I am with you.
51. You understand me in a way no one else does.
52. You make me do things I would never have the courage to do.
53. You are such a strong person.
54. I have never met a person as good as you.
55. You make me feel more calm and at peace.
56. You don’t ever have to feel embarrassed around me.
57. Thank you for your dedication.
58. Thank you for driving me to be the best version of myself.
59. You make my heart feel full.
60. I want to do things for you everyday.
61. You make my job easier.
62. You are such a complex person.
63. Thank you for being so thoughtful.
64. I want you to have only the best.
65. I have never met a person like you before.
66. I need to do better for you.
67. You are precious to me.
68. You are such a loving person.
69. I want to know everything about you.
70. You have made such a difference in my life.
71. I believe in you – that you can do whatever you set your mind on.
72. You are such a creative person.
73. Why am I so addicted to you?
74. I love it when you laugh.
75. Thank you for going out of your way to do this for me.
76. You make my life so meaningful.
77. You take notice of so many things others don’t care about.
78. I love how caring you are.
79. I think about you a lot.
80. I want you to be able to express yourself freely.
81. You handled that so well!
82. Can I come/be with you?
83. You always have the best ideas.
84. What do you think about this?
85. You understand me so well.
86. You are such a kind-hearted person.
87. That was such a kind thing to do.
88. I love spending time with you.
89. Your secrets are safe with me.
90. You are so unselfish.
91. Thank you for guiding me through this part of my life.
92. You look amazing.
93. I will always be loyal to you.
94. I never want to hurt your feelings.
95. Your happiness is my happiness.
96. I love how true you are to yourself.
97. You are perfect to me, flaws and all.
98. You realize things about me that I never knew about myself.
99. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes.
100. I love you.
Here is a link to the Printable version of this list in PDF form: 100 Words of Affirmation Printable
Thank you for sticking around for another blog post! I hope this was able to inspire you in your everyday to make even a small change.
I know that saying many of these words would be uncomfortable to me – and I’m sure there are many people out there like me who don’t say these kinds of words enough as well.
I’m hoping even if it’s just in myself – I can change this part of me.
Even if it’s just a text to a friend I haven’t talked to in a while. Even if it’s just a shy, meek, socially-awkward first try at these kinds of words.
I want to do better at this – and perhaps some of you can be inspired by this list to try the same.
If you enjoyed this blog post, please consider commenting or sharing down below. What are 3 words of affirmation you would like to say to someone you love in your life? I’d love to know!
Let’s make it happen together!