Drawing is a great way to relax and practice our creative skills.
However, sometimes we can simply run out of ideas to draw.
Here is a list of various drawing prompts to help you get back to drawing, and inspire you to draw some random things you wouldn’t have thought about drawing before.
Drawing from a random word is a great way I practice my own creativity.
I also like to combine random words or things into one drawing to create something a little different. Feel free to do this if you’d like, whether it’s another word from a prompt or just a random one that pops up in your head.
I hope these prompts help you to expand your drawing ideas!
I tried to include different prompts, from more simple ones to more creatively unique ones that may be more challenging.
I hope you find one that works for what you are in the mood for 🙂
I have also included a printable version (pdf) of these lists at the bottom of the blog post. Hope this helps!
Nature Drawing Prompts
5. Tree Branch
6. Pair of birds
7. Wolf or lion
18. Dog or cat
Draw Your Favorite…
1. Character (TV show, movie, book, cartoon, game, etc)
2. Place in the world
4. Person or people
9. Pair of shoes
10.Type of Weather
12. Hobby or Thing to Do
13. Mode of Transportation
Original Character Drawing Prompt
Feel free to make a different character for each prompt or create one new character using all the prompts together.
Draw an original character with…
1. A tail
3. A tattoo or scar
4. Different colored eyes
5. Horns, halo, or sparkles
6. Gloves or boots
7. Animal ears or elf ears
8. Fangs or claws
9. Headphones, headband, necklace, belt, or scarf
10. Suit, dress, skirt, shorts, tank top, sweatshirt, and/or cloak
Draw Something Whimsical
1. Flowers growing in a strange place
2. Combine two different animals into one
3. A bottle filled with something that makes you happy
4. Something floating in Outer Space
5. Eyes, the moon, and stars in one drawing
6. A puddle with something in it
7. Doorway to another world
8. Something inside a heart
9. A cloud with something coming out of it
10. Draw a dragon
11. A house in the sky
12. Letter or message in a bottle
13. An object with wings
14. Whale in the sky
A Drawing a Day Challenge
1. A meal you ate today
2. A cow, horse, or sheep
3. A person in your life as a cartoon character
4. The moon and stars
5. Something inspired by the lyrics of a song you are listening to
7. Somewhere you want to visit
8. A cartoon character you saw today or recently
9. A product you are grateful for
10. Something that is your favorite color
11. An animal you saw today
12. Hands or feet
13. Your outfit
14. A jar with something inside
15. Something that scares you
16. Your dream house
17. Something that makes you happy or relaxed
18. A face or emoji
19. Something or an animal that can fly
20. Something you’ve been wanting to buy
21. Mythical creature
22. Something from your childhood
24. Something that starts with the same first letter as your first name
25. Funny or quirky animal
27. Something in your room
28. An original character or create your own animal
29. Something soft
30. Ocean, river, or waterfall
31. Draw something that is hot or cold
Funny Drawing Ideas Prompt
1. A potato with a goofy face
2. A superhero wearing a tutu
3. A rabbit with long legs
4. A lazy or sleepy animal
5. An animal wearing a food costume
6. An animal dancing
7. A bear chilling in a pool
8. A human and bug combined
9. An animal with a mustache
10. A donut wearing clothes
Drawing Prompt Printables
Here is printable version of this blog post in pdf form.
Below you can see what will be included in the download or feel free to save the images down below if you just want to see them from your mobile device.
Related Blog Posts:
50 Cute Easy Things to Draw
100+ Painting Prompts
25 Easy Doodles to Draw
Thank you so much for visiting this blog post!
I hope you enjoyed this list of drawing prompts whether you’re looking for inspiration, practicing drawing, or trying to overcome some creative block.
If you are also looking for examples of things to draw, feel free to look around my blog for many more drawing ideas.
I hope you have a wonderful day or night, and until next time! Keep drawing!
Yor soo good at drawing cute things
Thank you 🙂