100 Questions to Ask Yourself for Self Growth
Here is a list of 100 questions to ask yourself to get to know yourself at a deeper level.
Before any of us can create change in our outer lives, we must first know what is going on in our inner life. So take some time to relax, have a cup of coffee or tea, and have an in-depth conversation with yourself.
Below is one of my most favorite videos about the importance of having a conversation with yourself: Because it is so crucial to living, yet many of us make so little time to do so. This is one of the reasons why I decided to write a blog post for this very topic.
When asking yourself these questions, try to really flesh these questions out. If you have a journal, try tackling one of these questions each day to give yourself enough time and space to explore every aspect of the question at hand.
Enjoy and I hope you learn something new about yourself!
Disclaimer: This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
1. What is the universe trying to tell me?
2. How can I express my love more to others? Can I express it in a better way?
3. How can I express my love for myself?
4. Am I practicing self care enough?
5. What are my most favorite things about myself?
6. Where do I want to travel to?
7. Where would I want to live if I could live anywhere in the world?
8. When I was little, what did I want to be when I grew up?
9. What is my dream job now?
10. Is work stressful? Why?
11. What do I find most satisfying about my occupation?
12. Do I like who I have become? In what ways?
13. What is my favorite quote?
14. Who do I look up to?
15. What are some of my most favorite pieces of advice?
16. What helps me relax?
17. What is the meaning of life? What is my purpose?
18. What am i afraid of? How can I work on these fears?
19. What is my most favorite thing about life now?
20. What does family mean to me?
21. What am I passionate about?
22. What about my childhood affects me to this day?
23. What kind of music do I like?
24. What makes me happy, no matter what?
25. What are my favorite hobbies?
26. Is there something that I feel like is missing from my life?
27. What is something I believe I need to work on about myself?
28. What are my insecurities? How can I work on them?
29. What is a “perfect day” to me?
30. What is my greatest accomplishment?
31. Did I do something interesting today?
32. Has there been anything that has been bothering me these days?
33. Do I get anxious easily? How can I overcome this?
Related: How I Overcame my Social Anxiety
34. Who can I go to for advice?
35. Is there anything I want to learn more about in life?
36. Am I strange? In what ways?
37. What are my secret talents?
38. Am I independent or dependent on others?
39. Am I patient? How can I be more patient with myself and to others?
40. Am I fast-paced or slow-paced?
41. Who am I thankful for? What am I thankful for?
42. What are my strengths? What are my weaknesses?
43. Do I believe that I am a beautiful person? Why? If not, how can I change my perspective?
44. What do I believe is true about life?
Related: 100 Life Lessons I Have Learned
45. What are some things I can do now to set my future on the right path?
46. In what ways am I hurting myself?
47. How can I be a better listener?
48. Is there something I could be doing to get out of my comfort zone and explore?
49. Am I happy? What is causing me from being happy? How can I change this?
50. What am I doing to inspire others? To help others?
51. Is there something inside me I need to let go of?
52. How can I be more self-aware?
Related: 8 Steps to Be More Self Aware
53. How can I practice creativity more in my life?
54. When was the last time I made a new friend?
55. Are there people in my life who are affecting me negatively? What should I do about this?
56. Do I believe this world is beautiful? In what ways? How can I find more beauty in it?
57. Do I need help?
58. How can I practice self-love more?
59. Am I present enough? Do I worry about the past or future too much? If so, what do I need to do to change this?
60. Do I put up too many walls?
61. What values are most important to me?
62. How do I practice spirituality? What can I be doing to practice it more?
63. What advice would I give to the me from 5 years ago? or 10 years ago?
64. How can I make more time for the important things in my personal life?
65. Is there something I want to be pursuing? What is stopping me? How can I overcome this?
66. Am I waiting for something in life?
67. What is my top priority in life right now?
68. Am I taking care of my body’s health enough? How can I practice a more healthy lifestyle?
69. Do I care too much about how I look? Do I judge myself more than how I judge my friends or other people? How can I change this?
70. What kind of person would I be in a world without judgement?
71. Am I judgmental towards others?
72. Am I a perfectionist? How is perfection causing pain in my life and how can I let it go?
73. How can I decrease the amount of negative energy I let out into the world?
74. What are some new, good habits I want to instill into my life?
75. What values do I look for in a friend?
76. What type of characteristics do I look for in my ideal partner?
77. Do I read enough? What is a new book I want to try to read?
78. Do I learn from my mistakes? What are some mistakes I have made before in my life?
79. Is there something I am hiding from myself or to others?
80. What is something I want to change about this world? How can I start creating this change from my own life?
81. Is there anything I am avoiding?
82. Do I feel free? What is keeping me from being free?
83. How can I make today better than yesterday?
84. What makes me angry? Sad? Anxious? Stressed?
85. Am I comfortable in my own skin?
86. Do I care enough about others? How can I be a more empathetic person?
87. How can I improve the way I spend my time?
88. Where do I want to be in 5 years? 10 years?
89. What makes me feel truly alive?
90. In what ways could I be simplifying my life?
91. When was the last time I cried? Do I cry too much or too little?
92. Am I hiding a part of myself from the world? In what ways?
93. What is success to me?
94. Am I a kind person? How can I practice kindness more?
95. Am I prone to jealousy? How can I change this part of myself?
96. Do I compare myself to others too much?
97. Do I have negative or positive thoughts about myself throughout the day?
98. What are some ways I can motivate myself?
99. What is something I am I excited for?
100. Am I being me?